There are a bunch of things online about AT&T’s long lines network. This is what the tower / datacenter was a part of. Here are a list of interesting things that I have found:
- Midwest Network Map - Interesting note – the Cambridge relay site isn’t on the map!
- History on AT&T’s Website
- The Long Lines Site
- The Minneapolis C.O. (This should look very familiar to those who go downtown a lot)
- Neat pics of other sites
- The microwave horns are 1700 pounds of aluminum! There are 4 on the tower, and 2 other LARGER ones. 5+ tons of aluminum?
- “Data under voice” sounds like VoIP! or I suppose TDM
- One of my favorites – the “Incinolet” - mine was removed but there is hope… buy a new one!
- The FCC’s ULS listing for the site - neat info, shows what frequencies the radios transmitted at, and where they transmitted to.
Definitely more out there… if you have time to search!